Monday, November 10, 2008

friday afternoon musings

It’s Friday and I’m thinking about joven a joven…hmm it’s about time everyone gets there…and nostalgia slowly takes over. The nostalgia started taking over when the afternoon slowly faded into the night... I was listening to Casting Crowns and picking the pictures from last weekend, and seeing all that stuff certainly does not help to ease the homesickness…well, that’s a confession in case anyone was wondering whether I’m homesick :P
I arrived to Armenia today, early morning. My brother was waiting for me to pick me up at the bus terminal. I hadn’t seen him in over a year, and it was very cool to be together again. As you can imagine, there’s a lot of catching up to do, which we have willingly begun to accomplish :P
Monday I start my classes and hopefully it will keep me very busy and very focused… Sometimes it’s hard to stay on track when you feel a bit well….weird…..in a different country…..unused to such a different life… I must confess at times it feels like a mistake, but still I pray and ask God to lead me and not let discouragement overwhelm me.
Anyway it won’t be forever these uncertain feelings and one must learn to trust God in the shadows as well as in the light. One thing I have learned is that God doesn’t let us move on until we have done whatever he has us do in certain places, and until we accomplish His purpose there, it’s not wise to try and move on, or run away from it. On the other hand, when you actually fulfill that purpose, you are strengthened to move on victoriously. So please keep me in your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Hey I love what you said about God likes for us to remain in a place until He wants us to move on and He will do so victoriously. You are missed my friend, but I pray that you press on.
    Your mom told me that you had made it okay, and she said you were loving it. I guess you are right they are just uncertain feelings. I will continue to update myself on your blog.

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal, amiga!

    Why're you trying to bring us all to tears with your opening remakrs? :) I wish you were still here. We miss you, you brought a lot of insight to our endless Joven discussions. I hope you continue to find the time to keep writing. I'll be a faithful subscriber!

    We're praying for you. Don't you look back if you know God took you there. :D

    Mucho love to you.

    Ednilla bonilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to hear from you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you said about "moving on" it can be applied in so many facets of our lives! Hope all is well chica! I'm barely catching up on your blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly how I feel sometimes too... but you're totally right about trusting God. He put us where we are to fulfill his purpose, let's just keep praying that we stay within His will always!
    Miss you, you're in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete